This Saturday, Feb. 15th, parents from several North Oakland schools (especially Kaiser, Peralta, Sankofa and Santa Fe) will have another potluck to build community and support the Kaiser/Sankofa merger. It's from 1 to 4 pm at Bushrod Rec Center (560 59th Street). There have been several of these gatherings and hopefully will be many more to come!
There are also a bunch of school fundraiser events coming up in North Oakland:
- The Emerson Crab Feed is next Saturday, Feb. 22, starting at 4:30 pm with dinner served at 6 pm. It's at the Oakland Masonic Center, 3903 Broadway. You can buy tickets and bid on auction items on their website.
- The Claremont Pancake Breakfast is on Saturday, Feb. 29, with tickets for 8:00 am, 9:15 am, or 10:30 am, at the Rockridge Masonic Hall, 5449 College Ave. Buy your tickets by clicking here. Also, come check out Claremont's Pi Night on March 12 at the school starting at 5 pm, for free science and math activities for the whole family.
- The Oakland Tech Auction is on Saturday, Feb. 29, from 6 pm to 10 pm at the California Ballroom, 1736 Franklin Street. Tickets and auction items are on their website.
- Glenview at Santa Fe is having a Readathon - you can donate by clicking here from now until March 2!
- The Chabot Auction is on Saturday, Mar. 14 at The Bridge Yard, 210 Burma Road. Tickets are on their website.
- The Peralta Auction is on Saturday, Mar. 21 at the Lakeside Park Garden Center, 666 Bellevue Ave. Tickets will be available soon via their website.
- The Hillcrest Walkathon and Carnival will be on Saturday, Apr. 18 - you can read all about it by clicking here.
- Ride for a Reason is a cycling event that benefits about a dozen different Oakland public schools. On April 25, riders will start at Oakland Tech and go all the way to Sacramento. Learn how you can join or support on their website.
- Piedmont Avenue Elementary will be having a Walkathon fundraiser later this spring, date TBA!
- You can donate to the Viet To Memorial Fund for Outdoor Exploration to support field trips for newcomer students at Oakland International High School. Click here for more information.